07 Sep What is effective sales training an interview with Simon Hares – Podcast Episode 44
When we talk about effective sales training with a depth of knowledge and experience that’s globally recognised, Simon Hares comes to mind! With Simon, we had a long chat on the effectiveness of sales training which is even more important given the current global situation we are all under and the importance of maximising your chances to close as leads come into your pipeline.
Simon has over 20 years of experience in the world of sales alongside running a successful sales training group, SerialTrainer7 as well as speaking and appearing on numerous podcasts and shows around the world.
Chapters of the episode:
- 0:00 – Intro
- 0:54 – Who is Simon Hares?
- 8:47 – Common misconception that sales reps feel when they get a sales rejection?
- 13:42 – What’s the common mistake sales reps make that result in losing their deal?
- 17:15 – 3 things that salespeople need to listen out to in a prospects rejection – Denial, Defend and Deflect
- 20:07 – Sales books and resources to help your sales game
- 23:11 – The prerequisite / must read book for a new salesperson
- 42:52 – How has COVID changed the way we sell? – Critical Business Value
- 45:36 – Difference between B2B and B2C sales during COVID?
- 47:31 – Advice to a c-suite on overcome a sales problem
Watch a snippet – common misconceptions that sales reps make
Watch the full episode
Listen to the episode
Reach out to Simon
What is the Point of View (POV) Show?
The Point of View business Show highlights business professionals in Asia and around the world to get an understanding on what makes them effective, how they do it and advice to help you grow in Leadership, Branding, Marketing and Sales. Follow the journey and connect with me on LinkedIn.